Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
This is a heart healthy, gluten-free, diabetic friendly, slow cooker chicken vegetable soup that only requires 10 ingredients to make. No noodles needed for this recipe – we are substituting chunky veggies for carbs so you can come back for seconds and thirds without having to worry about counting calories!
❏ 2 chicken breast diced
❏ 4 garlic cloves, minced
❏ 4 large carrots, roughly chopped
❏ 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
❏ 4 cups green beans, roughly chopped
❏ 2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped bite size
❏ 4 cups cabbage, shredded
❏ 2 teaspoon dry oregano
❏ 2 tablespoon curry powder
❏ 1800 ml (2 L) low sodium chicken stock
❏ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lay chicken at the bottom of the multi cooker or slow cooker and top with vegetables.
2. Add oregano, curry powder and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper and stir.
3. Set slow-cooker on low for 4 hours (or high for 2 hours) and press start.
This slow cooker chicken vegetable soup will keep in the fridge for 4-6 days or for up to 2 months in the freezer, in an air-tight storage container.
Recipe Health Benefits
● Chicken breast is an excellent source of low-fat protein and helps your body to maintain muscle mass
● Garlic can help to reduce blood pressure and improve heart health by improving cholesterol levels
● Carrots also lower cholesterol levels and are a good source of fiber, vitamin K1, and antioxidants
● Celery is low in sodium and is low on the glycemic index meaning it has a slow, steady effect on your blood sugar
● Green beans are a low calorie food with many nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, folate, and vitamin K
● Cabbage can help to manage inflammation, improve digestion, lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels
● Oregano may help fight bacteria and reduce the risk of viral infections
● Curry may relieve arthritis pain, is good for your heart, can lower cholesterol and boost your metabolism