Kingston COVID -19 Resources
● KLF&A Public Health Unit
○ or call KFL&A Public Health at (613) 549-1232
○ By reading about the changes to garbage / recycling protocol
● KFL&A: Mental Health Crisis Service
○ 24/7 Crisis Phone Line: 613.544.4229
○ Toll Free: 1.866.616.6005
● 211 Ontario Crisis Lines
○ Call: 2-1-1
● Check out the McBurney Park
Neighborhood facebook page, we are trying to keep accurate info, suggestions and offers of help up to date. This is a page to offer supports, encouragement and suggestions so we keep in touch with those around us. Sharon and Alec are posting info as it comes in. Take a look at where you could help or get help.
○ Call the province’s toll-free service with any questions or concerns about symptoms and to get health advice. A registered nurse will take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
■ Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000
○ Suicide prevention and support
○ Call 1-833-456-4566 ○ Available 24/7
○ Students who volunteer will be paired up with a community member, and will provide either a weekly phone check-in for social comfort or assistance like delivering groceries, medications, other essential supplies, or running minor errands with no delivery fee.
○ All deliveries will be contactless (left on the porch), and repayment is either through Interac E-transfer or cash in the mailbox.
○ They currently have about 40 student volunteers and are actively recruiting for community members who could use some extra support. The participant sign-up form is here: Participant Sign-up. Community members can also email or call 613-817-7787
○ A group for sharing and organizing community resources in response to COVID-19. The goal of this group is to organize the local community on the grassroots level to ensure vulnerable community members have access to food, housing, healthcare, and other necessities
○ Digital magazines, movies, books, audiobooks and so much more!
● DAILY Soulful Singing via Zoom -- 9:00-10:00am EDST
○ Singing from 9:00-9:40am, followed by 20 minutes of chatting for those who want to connect through conversation.
○ Meeting ID: 192 861 308 ○ Password: 704436
○ Youtube channel that offers Catholic mass daily
● Seniors Kingston Summer Programs
○ Kingston Seniors! Stay fit at home during the COVID-19 crisis with WiseMoves Seniors Fitness featuring certified Seniors Fitness Instructor Erin O'Brien.
○ Enjoy a new fitness class tailored to Seniors Monday to Friday. Exclusively on YourTV weekdays at 10:00am.
○ Channel 13
● Partners in Mission Food Bank
140 Hickson Ave.
Please call 613-384-4534 for appointment.
No walk in service.
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 - 4 p.m.
● Martha’s Table
629 Princess St. Providing take away hot meals.
Monday - Sunday, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
● Lionhearts Skeleton Park
(lionhearts.ca; ; 613-539-3735)
30 Alma Street. Take-home meals.
Monday - Sunday, 6 - 7 p.m.
● Lunch by George
129 Wellington St.
Providing bag lunches.
Monday - Friday, 11 - 11:30 a.m.
● Salvation Army
342 Patrick St.
Take-away prepared food baskets.
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m - 4 p.m.
● St. Mary’s Cathedral
260 Brock St.
Providing light food/snacks.
Monday - Friday, 1 p.m - 4 p.m.
● St Vincent de Paul
85 Stephen St. Providing bag lunches.
Food Pantry available by appointment.
Monday - Friday, 10:30 a.m - 12 p.m.
Providing safe delivery of groceries, food bank boxes and pharmacy items (firstname.lastname@example.org; 613-665-2959)
We are a dedicated team of farmers, supporters, volunteers and community members doing our best to get this up and running as smoothly and safely as possible.
○ Frozen Meals delivered to your door - order as often as you like, not a subscription service so don’t have to sign up to regular deliveries
○ Pay with credit card online OR cash or cheque on delivery*
○ Choose from over 200 soups, entrees and desserts ○ Soup $3.10 ○ Entrees range from $6.00 - $10.00
○ Desserts $1.00 - 4.00
○ Delivers to many areas across Ontario and Canada
■ Use the website to see if they deliver near you!
■ OR Call 1-800-786-6113 for help
■ Local Outlet is Heart to Home Kingston- Call 1-844-384-2333 to order!
○ Low income seniors 55+ can order a food box for FREE
○ Includes 15 items, 7-8 seasonal produce items and 7-8 non-perishable items
○ Deliveries made bi-weekly, order before Thursday at 4pm, receive your box the next Thursday/Friday!
○ Call 613-542- 2674 Ext. 1411 or email to make an order!
○ Members will be asked to provide their full name, address, phone number, income source and age.
○ Delivery drivers will call members and wait until the box is picked up.
● Student-Run Community Support Program
Offer the following two services:
■ 1. To provide weekly check-ins via phone (~15-20 mins) for social comfort
■ 2. To provide assistance like delivering groceries, medications, other essential supplies or running minor errands (*** Volunteers and participants will be instructed to follow strict COVID-19 precautions ***).
○ If you are or if you know someone in the Kingston community who would benefit, please sign up at our google form here.
■ Or call: 613-817-7787
○ The Senior's Centre is offering a small selection of take-out items
during the lunch hour Tuesdays and Thursdays.
○ Entrees are $7.50 each and Soups are $3.00 each.
○ Call 613.548.7810 x 234 to place your order by 11:00 am the day of pick-up.
○ Call 613.548.7810 ext. 234 or email between 9:00 and 11:00 am.
○ You will receive a pick-up time between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm.
○ They will bring your order to your car.
○ You can pay debit or credit but not cash.
○ The address is: 56 Francis St, Kingston, ON K7M 1L7