Slow Cooker Rustic Chicken Stew
Rustic Chicken Slow Cooker Stew, a hearty dish that the whole family will enjoy. Tender chicken, carrots, potatoes in a thick sauce, the perfect combination.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
❏ 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
❏ 1 medium onion, wedged
❏ 2 cups baby carrots
❏ 1/2 cup water
❏ 1 Tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
❏ 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
❏ 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
❏ 1.5 lbs red-skinned potatoes, halved
❏ 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
❏ 1/2 cup milk
1. Place chicken, seasonings & all vegetables into slow cooker.
2. Cook on low 6 hours.
3. Whisk cornstarch into milk, stir into slow cooker and cook 15 additional minutes on high.
Recipe Health Benefits
● Chicken breast is an excellent source of low-fat protein and helps your body to maintain muscle mass
● Onions have antioxidants that fight inflammation, decrease triglycerides (fat) and reduce cholesterol levels - all which may lower heart disease risk
● Carrots are a good source of carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants. They have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
● Red potatoes are an excellent source of potassium (more than a banana) and vitamin C. They are also a good source of vitamin B6 and are fat, sodium and are cholesterol free.